Team Tardis of Troop 646 invites you to the 2019 Thinking Day Event:
Sunday, Februray 24, 2019, 2-4 PM
Oak Hill VFW Hall, 7614 Thomas Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78736
We will be playing a Time Travel game. There are a couple of things you need to do to prepare for the event:
1. This game has been designed by World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS). Please consider making a donation to WAGGGS at the event. How about we all find spare change around our house, in the couch, under car seats, etc. and put it together. There will be a donation jar at the event.
“Every penny, paisa, and cent given to the Fund makes a difference by helping to provide life changing opportunities for girls worldwide.”
2. Have your troop form a team or two if you have a large troop (4-6 girls is an ideal number). You know your girls so it’s up to you.
Younger girls will need an adult to help them through the tasks, older girl teams can do it on their own. The game is for all ages.
3. Each team comes up with a team name and a Team Manifesto. (=what do you think it takes to be an amazing time traveling team? It’s a statement that describes what your team stands for, and how you work together.)
4. Each team member should come up with one personal challenge to support the team. For example, if a girl thinks she talks a lot, she can challenge herself to listen more, or if she is shy, talk more, or has hard time making decisions then suggest answers/decisions during the game.
5. Last but not least! Make a game piece, in this game it’s called the time machine, out of recycled materials. It will be used as the game piece on a giant game board.
The size should be about 2-3 cookie boxes taped together. Decorate it as you would like and get creative, but stick to recycled materials and try not to buy new stuff.
And that’s all there’s to it!
(This year we will not pick a country, make displays, food samples, etc. )
There will be snacks and drinks. Everyone attending will get a patch.
If your troop has a Take Action Project or Bronze/Silver/Gold, etc. project they would like to share with the service unit, please feel free to bring a display or any other way to share it. There will be time for girls to look around while having snacks after the game.
Looking forward to seeing you at the World Thinking Day Event!